Serves 4-6. This is a great side dish for barbequed chicken, ribs or burgers.
- 6 Strips Bacon, sliced into ½” pieces
- ¼ Large Onion, diced into ¼” pieces
- ½ Tsp. Cumin Seeds
- 1 Garlic Clove, finely minced
- 2 15 Ounce Cans Beans, drained and rinsed (I like black and pinto beans)
- 1/3 Cup Santa Fe Ole's Red Chile Sauce
- 4 Tsp. Santa Fe Ole's Red Chile Honey
- 1/3 Cup Water or Broth
- 2 Pinches Dried Oregano Leaves
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Salt to taste
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, sauté the bacon until the bacon has rendered most of the fat.
- Add the onion and sauté until it is transparent.
- Drain most of the fat; stir in the cumin seeds and garlic and sauté, stirring for about 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to incorporate.
- Bring to a low simmer, cover and cook for about 15 minutes.
Please stop by again. Thank you for your interest in our products!