Makes about 24 - 2” meatballs
- 1 recipe Green Chile Sauce
- 1 recipe Meatballs, below
- 1 pound Spaghetti, cooked to directions
- Parmesan cheese
- Olive Oil
- ½ Cup Onion, diced into ¼” pieces
- ½ Cup Celery, diced into ¼” pieces
- ¼ Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. Whole Milk
- ¼ Cup Santa Fe Ole SW-13 Ketchup
- 1 large Egg
- ½ Tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 Tsp. Santa Fe Ole SW-13 Seasoning
- 1¼ pounds Ground Beef (85% lean)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
In a small skillet, sauté the onion and celery over med heat until soft. Set aside to cool.
Place the panko bread crumbs in a large bowl. Cover with milk and catsup and allow to sit for a few minutes. Stir in the egg and beat all ingredients until well combined. Add the spices, meat and season to taste. With clean hands, gently combine until well blended. Taste for seasonings and adjust if necessary.
Preheat oven to 375 F and line a rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil.
Gently but firmly enough to hold shape, form the meat into meatballs and place on the prepared sheet. Place the pan in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until the meatballs are browned and cooked through.